Mandarin Chinese Language & Why You Should Learn It
Learning a new language is always a great idea. But when it comes to choosing a second language, some people can’t decide between the most popular languages as there are so many to choose from! This is where we tell you that Mandarin Chinese should be among your choices!
In this article, we will explore the Mandarin language and why learning Chinese in Singapore or anywhere in the world is a great idea. Let’s begin.
THE MANDARIN CHINESE LANGUAGE
In China, there are a number of languages and dialects that are spoken by the people. However, Mandarin is the most popular, and it is the standard written and spoken language used by its people and the government.
From China, the language has spread to all corners of the globe owing to the migration of its people and the immigration of others into the country. Today, Mandarin is the native language of over a billion people, approximately twenty per cent of the world’s population and is considered “the language of the future” by many.
Aside from Mainland China, Mandarin is one of the official languages of Taiwan, Singapore, and the United Nations. Mandarin is also widely spoken in other Asian countries such as Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Thailand. Many immigrant communities have also sprung up in metropolitan areas and large cities in countries such as the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and various African countries.
WHY YOU SHOULD LEARN MANDARIN CHINESE
So, you see, Mandarin is everywhere, and the language will continue to spread. Let us now explore why you should learn Chinese in Singapore. Here are five of the top reasons you should start learning Mandarin today!
1. Mandarin is the most widely spoken language in the world. As a result, you will be able to speak to even more people than before and learn more about them and their culture.
2. If you choose to learn Mandarin, you will discover that your artistic abilities will begin to improve. This is as a result of the precision, or steady hand needed actually to write the language. The more you practice writing the language, the more your dexterity will improve.
3. One uses both sides of their brain when learning the Chinese language. As a result, brain power will be improved and problem-solving, multi-tasking and decision-making skills will be enhanced!
4. Learning Mandarin gives you the opportunity to travel to Mandarin-speaking countries for both business and pleasure. As it relates to business, people who take Mandarin courses in Singapore may be eligible for promotions in order to represent their company and communicate with clients.
5. On a more personal note, persons who learn Mandarin will be able to visit Mandarin-speaking countries and interact with locals to better explore the country. And, who knows, you may even make a few friends on your trip!
Mandarin is a fun and beautiful language to learn. And, it has excellent benefits. Enrol in a Mandarin course in Singapore today, and before you know it you will be speaking it like the native speakers!