07 Feb How to Learn Chinese Language and Introduce it to your Kids? | Skillsfuture language courses
How to Learn Chinese Language and Introduce it to your Kids? | Skillsfuture language courses
Whether it is your mother tongue or second language, teaching your kids can be challenging and fun. As they always say, “start young’ is true. Kids especially those of kindergarten age can be the best time to expose them to a new language.
Always consider the fact that kids don’t have enough patience to stay focused on one thing or activity. There should be a great mix of both fun and learning. You can start at home by yourself or enroll them to Chinese language school to have a formal training. In Singapore, our Adult Conversational Chinese Courses are approved by SkillsFuture language courses that offers different platforms of learning.
You can expose your kids at home by introducing them to learn Chinese language during their playtimes.
- Visuals – Kids memory are very sharp and retentive. Take advantage of this ability for them to learn a language course with the help of visuals like flashcards or pictograms.
- Nursery Rhymes – Play Chinese nursery rhymes in the background while they are playing, they will get the rhythm as they go along.
- Counting – Like English, you can also teach them the number counting system using their fingers or any counting toys and practice it by playing with them.
- Stories- Kids love storytelling especially if it is action packed. Fill up their ears with Chinese stories complete with expressions that will keep them hooked. You can translate in between so they can go along with you.
- Coloring stuff- There are available Chinese coloring books with translations that your kids can play with. Color with them and explain each object so they can understand better.
If your kids are introduced early, they will not have any issues learning the advanced language levels.
Keep them motivated by enrolling them to our school that combines work and play altogether.